More Hardcore Than Pico More Hardcore Than Pico

Somebody has issues.

The fact that the author actually took the time to assemble this is really, really disturbing.

Queers of War Queers of War

Not very impressed

This managed to be unwatchably coarse without being funny.

Saint - Chapter 1 Saint - Chapter 1

Good graphics; wierd audio; bad history

I liked this animation, though I couldn't figure out why your narrator was doing what sounded like a bad impression of a gypsy fortune teller.

I noticed a lot of reviewers lauding the history of this piece - and any interest in history is laudable.

However, you should recognize that the knights templar, like the freemasons, are obscured by a silly quasi-history of conspiracy theories and utter lunacy. Much of this silliness is actually rooted in history itself.

I only caution that most of the "historic" novels that reference the templars, (and that includes The Davinci Code, and some of the stuff he references), bears as much resemblance to history as The X-Files.

The free-masons have also been popular targets - viz. silly movies like "American Treasure". Where I grew up in northern Ontario, the local francophones, (who were steeped in a surprisingly old French tradition of superstition), persisted in telling blood-curdling tales about the masonic temple down the street from the Catholic church.

It's a good read, though - and opens up all kinds of possibilites for creative story telling.

TheZebu responds:

Yeah, DaVinci code isn't "historic". It's not even "historic fiction". It's just a modern thriller that has a few wildly silly plot devices.

I'm not trying to incite any superstition about any existing groups, which is one reason I picked the Templar, and allows for a bit more artistic freedom. There are lots of conspiracy theories with Freemasons and the Templar, the Baphomet, etc, and they are all rubbish. I'm not trying to "expose" anything either. I have no reason to quarrel with the Freemasons, Opus Dei, or any other organization.

"Dare" "Dare"

This animation was courageous and worthwhile

Thanks for making it. There are so few young people who bother that it makes me positively soul-sick.

The execution was a little unpolished, but the narrative was well crafted. The trick is to inhabit a space between overbearing, or semantic archetypes, and images that are too subtle to carry the narrative.

I have a great deal of respect for people who have a positive message; and I am distressed by the increasingly open hatred and hostility I see driected toward anyone who positively depicts Christianity and faith.

I suggest that those people take a moment to ask themselves why they feel that way.

There is nothing wrong with trying to say something positive.

I would like to point out that in the corporate world, the nihilism and negativity we observe in so many young artists really gives us pause when it comes to recruiting; we find that people who go through life with a chip on their shoulder end up being of limited use even in straightforward commercial advertising and communication - they are incapable of grasping positive emotions without an undercurrent of irony, and in the end, they have nothing meaningful to express.

Peoplemation: Trash Peoplemation: Trash

Nice work

Reminds me of some of Norman McLaren's early experiements, like "Neighbours". If you haven't seen this guy's work, check it out.

Harry Potter 5th trailer Harry Potter 5th trailer

I want to know where you found the music for this

The music sounds like the soundtrack from Myst Exile. I wondered where you found that? I'd love to get my hands on it.

A Dream Of Love A Dream Of Love

I always liked the Turtles

Haven't heard that song in a while

Spooky horror show 2 Spooky horror show 2

That was cute

some of the animation was a little wooden, but the art was cute, and some of the dialogue was quite fetching.. ("One has befouled oneself")

I got a kick out of this piece.

LL - Kids In America LL - Kids In America

That was interesting.

But I don't get it. Oh, well. :(

MssDynamitevsTerriSchiavo MssDynamitevsTerriSchiavo

Your gift to the Jesus Freaks, is it?

Whose freak are you?

Frankly, I wasn't impressed. This is not a stroke for moral or religeous freedom. It wasn't even funny.

The Kids in the Hall were funny, but they never mean.

This was mean spirited. It was, in fact a cheap shot - which is the only unforgivable sin in humour.

The gratuitous insult directed at Christians smacks of religeous intolerance.